I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Changeless (Parasol Protectorate #2)


Changeless (Parasol Protectorate #2)

by

4.5 stars


I am always happy to deviate from my usual YA books for this adult fiction series.

Why?

The writing is like nothing I've ever read before. Fantastic and colorful vocabulary is used to describe the most normal things. My favorite quote in the book is from Ivy: "Has something untoward happened? Everyone is gesticulating!" That line made me laugh out loud! All the characters are fabulously written. It is difficult to choose my favorite. I love them all!

The repartee between Lady and Lord Maccon is clever, witty and just plain fun to read. You can tell that the two characters are truly in love.

But don't think that these books belong in the Romance category. Oh, no. They are firmly in ... well, a few genres. Paranormal and Mystery, obviously. But there is some Steampunk and Mary Poppins, too. It's such a wonderful and imaginative combination of genres; it just works.

There is little to no swearing, a touch of sex and some of the characters swing the other way.

Can't wait to read No. 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment