I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Friday, May 17, 2013

I Love My Slow Cooker: More Than 100 of the Best-Ever Recipes

I Love My Slow Cooker: More Than 100 of the Best-Ever Recipe

Meh. For a slow cooker cookbook, this one is only so-so. The recipes are decidedly NOT kid-friendly. I mean, Greek-Spiced Beef and Onion Stew? Oxtail and Farrow??
If you are a foodie who loves slow-cookers (isn't that an oxymoron?) and who loves to visit multiple specialty shops for ingredients, this is the cookbook for you. As for those of us who want something easy and tasty with ingredients you can find at your local supermarket, this book probably would not be your best investment.
Although, I do have to say that the photos are very nice. And the layout is impeccable. Hence the three stars.
Thank you NetGalley for the chance to review this.

No comments:

Post a Comment