I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Friday, May 17, 2013

Trouble's on the Menu: A Tippy Canoe Romp -- With Recipes

 

Trouble's on the Menu: A Tippy Canoe Romp-- With Recipes

by

 3 stars


I usually don't go for cozy mysteries, but I thought I'd try this one out. I wasn't too disappointed. It was a sweet, innocent, small-town mystery where everything works out in the end. Nothing like real life, but that's why we read these types of books, isn't it?
I was pleased with the lack of swearing and sex. There was a nice little side love story - more of a flirtation of a love story - that only enhanced the book. The main focus was on small-town life/gossip and saving the family farm. Honesty is touted highly in here, which is pleasantly different from most books out there.
There were some inconsistencies that bugged me though. Such as The Bad Guy not knowing who the Dean twins were, even though the whole town looked after them - "sort of a town project." The Bad Guy had been part of the town since forever - how could he not know them?
And unfortunately, the recipes at the back did not excite me.
All told, a solid three stars. A light diversion.
Thank you NetGalley and Sweetwater Books/Cedar Fort Inc. for allowing me to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment