I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, April 14, 2014

Me, You and the Kids Too


Me, You and the Kids Too

176 pages
Published March 2012 by Duncan Baird Publishers 
 
A beautifully photographed, reader-friendly cookbook for families who want to eat more healthy. My favorite part of the book was that most of the recipes had side notes showing you how to make baby food and purees for your baby from the ingredients that you were already using in the regular recipe.

The only gripe I have with the book is that the author consistently uses hard-to-find, much more expensive ingredients in her recipes, many of which I have never heard. It's hard to spend the extra money if you are on a budget.


Of course, I am a neophyte when it comes to quinoa and spelt and all those other "healthy" grains, so maybe the health benefits outweigh the financial factors. And at the risk of sounding blasphemous, I disagreed with the authors disdain for cow's milk.


But if you can overlook the author's high-brow opinions and high-budget ingredients, this is a pretty cool cookbook. I can even see myself using some of the recipes (tweaked a little) with my family.


And thank you NetGalley.com for providing this book for review.

No comments:

Post a Comment