I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, May 5, 2014

Independent Study

Independent Study (The Testing #2)

Published Jan. 7, 2014 by HMH Books for Young Readers
I finished reading this book weeks ago, but couldn't convince myself that it needed a review immediately - there were other books that were more worthy of my words and attention. Not to say this book was BAD, it was just kinda meh. But I liked it mostly.

Confused, yet?

Yeah. I am, too.

This novel built a bit on the first book, but not too much. There were some well-written suspenseful parts - being trapped in an airtight container comes to mind - and some not so well-written parts.
There was no sex and mild-to-no swearing, which bumped it up to a 3 star rating from my original 2.5.

I haven't decided if I'm a-gonna read the last book in the series. I am not super invested in the characters - so if the author wants to "kill off Tris," it wouldn't break my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment