I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, July 28, 2014

Empower

Empower (The Violet Eden Chapters #5)

by

4 stars

496 pages
Published May 6, 2014 by Sourcebooks Fire (first published Nov. 12, 2013)

Finally, finally! I am done with this series. And fortunately, I didn't waste my time. The last book was quite possibly the best of the bunch. It was full of action and soul-searching and more action. The only thing that bugged me was how the the huge, pivotal change of heart that Violet had that changed the outcome of the book was handled. It was like the suffering that she had endured for the past two years was changed in two paragraphs. It was unsatisfying and abrupt.

Besides that, I enjoyed the book immensely. There was one sex scene (not graphic) and little to no swearing.

I can recommend to anyone looking for a not-too-many-books series, in which they've all been published. (Don't you hate having to wait for the next book in an on-going series??!)

No comments:

Post a Comment