I hate spending time reading about the plot of a book on review sites - just tell me, Did you like it or not?

Monday, October 6, 2014

First Date

First Date

by

2 stars

336 pages
Published Jan. 10, 2012 by Thomas Nelson 
 
If you like christianity being shoved down your throat and all things "The Bachelor," this book is clearly for you.

Now, I am a christian, but this book is just not my cup of tea. Every page has some religious ideology and prayer on it. Religion for me is a personal thing. I go to church - I enjoy it, but I don't want my beliefs turned into a YA romance filled with saccharine, eye-rolling and lack of plot. It may have helped if the writing was better and the relgious down-the-throat-shoving was toned down to just "religious overtones."


The only reason I gave it two stars is because there is no swearing, sex or bad stuff. And it obviously touts the benefits of christian thinking - forgiveness and love.


And I finished the thing. I guess that counts for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment